Thursday, August 11, 2011

24K Marketing – What’s in a Name?

What’s in a brand name anyway?  A person, a product, a service or a company all have names.  But a name becomes a brand name when it begins to stand for something more than an identifier by offering a product or a service.  A brand name usually becomes stronger as it becomes more widely known.  When the  product delivers on its promises and creates a personal connection, the brand becomes more valuable. Once developed, brand names bring commercial value to the owner – more than the simple value of the product or service itself.

I have changed this blog’s name to 24K Marketing, at 24KMarketing.com.  The blog used to be called Rock Slate Paper at bobclarksblog.blogger.com.  Everything is re-routed automatically so the feeds should be seamless to all who read or find my blog through search.   Many thanks to my daughter Jess for the hard coding work. As a college Information Technology student, she makes complicated stuff look relatively simple. 

24K Marketing is a strategic marketing consultancy with a mission to help companies find growth in tough economic times.  I bring experience leading large and mid-sized consumer brands well over 20 years (see “about me” tab).  So the brand vision is value creation and growth – a place to turn to when a company needs new perspective or is facing new opportunities.

My blog topics will continue to be views on marketing, innovation, and insight, but will be focused more upon topics that bring useable insights for brand growth.  Let me know what you think of the new site; I hope you will follow, join in the dialogue, and help build this new name into a strong brand.  I welcome your insights.  

No comments: